Wednesday, March 14, 2012

3/14/12 It's a Wrap!

Three days into the work week and I'm just getting to the conclusion of our trip to Texas. I'll rank this one in the top 10 trips we've taken. It just doesn't get any better. We had warm weather. Lots of friends to spend some time with. Some new sights to see. Some new sights that will warrant a return trip someday.

Last Tuesday found us on the golf course, an Arnold Palmer course, it was windy, but being from South Dakota we didn't let that stop us. The girls only wanted to do 9 holes, but Larry and I completed 18. It was great to hit the links again.

Supper that night was a potluck at Larry and Mary's  condo. Actually it was a fish fry, and then the members brought a dish to pass. Lot's of great food to eat. Of course a lot of the folks were from Minnesota and you know they're the kings of "Potluck", you know what I mean eh! We concluded the evening with a game of 15. A card game in which probably 20+ people played, Abby got 4th place, but it was winner take all. We did have fun and the people were really friendly and accepted us as one of them.

 Wednesday found us going to Corpus Christi for some shopping and good eats. CC we find as a fairly large city, with lots of great shopping and beautiful homes. Larry took a drive down the lake shore and the homes were spectacular.

Lunch found us going to Water Street Oyster Bar & Grille. Yes one more time for Oysters. I really hate that I'm the only one that likes them of the four, but if someone has to eat them, well it might as well be me.

Well we got up early on Thursday and started our trip home. Twelve hours later found us in Wichita, KS and yes we found one more Bar BQ place to eat supper. "Hog Wild" on the South side of Wichita was a fast food place, but their ribs were wonderful, maybe the best we had all trip. Hard to believe I would put them ahead of Rudy's and County Line, but I'm going to do it. This day of travel was our worse day weather wise, it rained on and off all day long.

Friday we woke to sunshine and a nine hours to reach home. It was a very nice day to travel and it was really nice getting home.

Thanks to you all for reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment